E.R. (TV Series)
- Original title
- Running time
- 45 min.
- United States
Michael Crichton (Creator), Christopher Chulack, Jonathan Kaplan, Richard Thorpe, Stephen Cragg, Lesli Linka Glatter, Félix Enríquez Alcalá, Laura Innes, See 55 More
- Michael Crichton, David Zabel, Joe Sachs, John Wells, See 37 More
- Noah Wyle
- Maura Tierney
- Laura Innes
- George Clooney
- Goran Visnjic
- Anthony Edwards
- Eriq La Salle
- Alex Kingston
- Sherry Stringfield
- Mekhi Phifer
- Julianna Margulies
- Parminder Nagra
- Linda Cardellini
- See all credits
- MusicMartin Davich, Rick Marotta. Theme: James Newton Howard
- CinematographyArthur Albert, Anthony R. Palmieri, Richard Thorpe, Thomas Del Ruth, See 8 More
- ProducerWarner Bros. Television, Amblin Television, Constant C Productions, John Wells Productions. Broadcast by: NBC
- TV Series. Drama | Medical
- TV Series (1994-2009). 15 Seasons. 331 Episodes. Created by best-selling author Michael Crichton (“Jurassic Park”), the series centers on the medical personnel in the emergency room of a Chicago hospital. Crichton is also an executive producer, along with John Wells (“China Beach”) and Christopher Chulack. A winner of the prestigious George Foster Peabody Award, the series has also earned many Emmy Awards and over a hundred nominations – breaking an all-time industry record. Also, the cast has won four Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Ensemble Performance in a Drama Series.
“ER” tracks the inner workings of County General Hospital, a Level One Trauma Center where heroic doctors and nurses are faced with life-and-death decisions on a daily basis. The staff is led by Attending Physician Dr. John Carter (Wyle), who, after nine years at County, has risen to a role of respect and moral leadership in the ER. The chief of staff, Dr. Kerry Weaver (Innes), a tough and determined administrator, finds herself at a personal crossroads, trying to strike a balance between her life as a doctor and the life she now wants as a woman. Dr. Elizabeth Corday (Kingston) is the dedicated surgeon who must now face the challenges of starting over and raising a baby daughter alone following the death of her husband, Dr. Mark Greene.
Also on staff are Dr. Luka Kovac (Visnjic), an ER attending physician from Croatia who is searching – sometimes self-destructively – for something to fill the void of his lost family and failed relationships; Abby Lockhart (Tierney), nurse and fourth-year medical student, was involved in a tumultuous relationship with Carter and has been plagued by her family’s history of mental illness, she has stopped drinking and smoking and is making a serious effort to turn her personal life around; Dr. Jing-Mei Chen (Ming-Na), an attending E.R. doc who, having sacrificed so much for her work, is looking to lighten up and get out more; Dr. Susan Lewis (Stringfield), who, after a few years away has readjusted to the emergency room and is currently dating a man she married in Las Vegas on a whim; Dr. Gregory Pratt (Phifer), a brash, second-year resident with a checkered background that won’t stop haunting him; and Dr. Michael Gallant (Sharif Atkins), who worked his way through medical school on the U.S. Army’s ticket.
Recent additions to the ER include, Neela Rasgotra (Nagra), a British-Indian medical student who arrives in Chicago after finishing her undergraduate degree in biophysics and molecular biology at Yale. Despite her impeccable credentials, Neela must now suffer the humiliations of being the new kid on the block and the racism she encounters from the patients and some of the staff; and Samantha Taggart (Cardellini), a nurse and spirited single mother determined to save lives in a place where nothing is taken for granted.
2009: Emmy: Best Directing. Nominated for Best Guest Actor (Borgnine)2008: Emmy: Nominated for Best Guest Actor (Tucci) and Sound Editing2007: Emmy: 3 nominations, including Best Guest Actor (Whitaker)2006: Emmy: 2 nominations, including Best Guest Actor (Woods)2005: Emmy: Best Guest Actor (Ray Liotta). 3 nominations.2004: Emmy: 4 nominations, including Best Directing
- Critics' reviews
- Movie Soulmates' ratings
Register so you can access movie recommendations tailored to your movie taste.
- Friends' ratings
Register so you can check out ratings by your friends, family members, and like-minded members of the FA community.
Is the synopsis/plot summary missing? Do you want to report a spoiler, error or omission? Please send us a message.
- Ranking Lists Position
- 70 My All-Time Favorite TV Series (625)
If you are not a registered user please send us an email to [email protected]
All copyrighted material (movie posters, DVD covers, stills, trailers) and trademarks belong to their respective producers and/or distributors.For US ratings information please visit: www.mpaa.org www.filmratings.com www.parentalguide.org
1994Michael Crichton (Creator) ...