- Original title
- How to Train Your Dragon
- Running Time
- 98 min.
- United States
- Dean DeBlois, Chris Sanders
- Adam F. Goldberg, Peter Tolan (Book: Cressida Cowell)
- John Powell
- Production Co.
- DreamWorks Animation / Mad Hatter Entertainment / Vertigo Entertainment
Animation. Fantasy. Adventure. Kids | Vikings. Friendship. Dragons. 3-D
- Synopsis / Plot
- Long ago up North on the Island of Berk, the young Viking, Hiccup, wants to join his town's fight against the dragons that continually raid their town. However, his macho father and village leader, Stoik the Vast, will not allow his small, clumsy, but inventive son to do so. Regardless, Hiccup ventures out into battle and downs a mysterious Night Fury dragon with his invention, but can't bring himself to kill it. Instead, Hiccup and the dragon, whom he dubs Toothless, begin a friendship that would open up both their worlds as the observant boy learns that his people have misjudged the species. But even as the two each take flight in their own way, they find that they must fight the destructive ignorance plaguing their world.
: Oscar: Nominated for Best Animated Picture & Best OST
: Annie Awards: 10 awards, including best picture. 16 nominations
: 2 Nominations for BAFTA Awards: Best Animatión Film and Music
: Nominated for Critics' Choice Awards: Best Animated Feature
: Chicago Film Critics Awards: Nominated for Best Animated Feature
- Critics Reviews
- Ratings by Movie Soulmates
so you can access movie recommendations tailored to your personal movie tastes.
- Ratings by Friends
so you can check out ratings by your friends, family members, and like-minded members of the FA community of users.
- Ranking Lists Position
Is the synopsis/plot summary missing? Do you want to report an error or omission? Please send us a message
If you are not a registered user please send an email to info -at- filmaffinity -dot- com.
All copyrighted material (movie posters, DVD covers, stills, trailers) and trademarks belong to their respective owners (studio and/or distributor).
For US ratings information please visit: www.mpaa.org www.filmratings.com www.parentalguide.org