- Original title
- Running Time
- 94 min.
- United States
Lewis R. Foster
- Winston Miller (Story: Lewis Foster)
- Lucien Cailliet
- Lionel Lindon
- Ronald Reagan, Rhonda Fleming, Nigel Bruce, Marvin Miller, Mary Somerville, Lowell Gilmore, Claud Allister, Danny Chang, Lee Marvin
- Production Co.
- Pine-Thomas Productions / Paramount Pictures
- Synopsis / Plot
- Trailed by a game little cast, the stars meander around against some faked, pleasantly hued Chinese backgrounds, in a story by Winston Miller involving a war orphan and a valuable statuette. Had Mr. Miller's idea been tightened and enacted like a house afire, the result might have been a mildly satisfactory little adventure yarn. But Lewis R. Foster's pedantic direction enshrouds the whole thing in deadly familiarity, harmless though it may be.
Mr. Reagan plays an ex-G:I: drifter in his own solid citizen style, laboriously drawling every tattered slang utterance in the books. The casting of gorgeous Miss Fleming as a mission teacher is hard to swallow, even with a jawful of popcorn, but the lady acquits herself with cryptic restraint. Nigel Bruce and Lady May Lawford fill in as a pair of bumbling British colonials. A sparkling little Chinese lad named Danny Chang, as the orphan, has all the luck, being either too young to know what is happening or just too gentlemanly to say.
- Ratings by Movie Soulmates
so you can access movie recommendations tailored to your personal movie tastes.
- Ratings by Friends
so you can check out ratings by your friends, family members, and like-minded members of the FA community of users.
Is the synopsis/plot summary missing? Do you want to report an error or omission? Please send us a message
If you are not a registered user please send an email to info -at- filmaffinity -dot- com.
All copyrighted material (movie posters, DVD covers, stills, trailers) and trademarks belong to their respective owners (studio and/or distributor).
For US ratings information please visit: www.mpaa.org www.filmratings.com www.parentalguide.org