- Original title
- Running Time
- 123 min.
- United States
- Charles Chaplin (Original idea: Orson Welles)
- Charles Chaplin
- Rollie Totheroh, Curt Courant, Wallace Chewing (B&W)
- Charles Chaplin, Martha Raye, Marilyn Nash, Isobel Elsom, Robert Lewis, Mady Correll, Allison Rodell, Arthur Hohl
- Production Co.
- United Artists
Comedy | Black comedy. Crime. Based on a true story. Serial Killers. The 20s. The 30s
- Synopsis / Plot
- Monsieur Verdoux is a bluebeard, he marries women and kills them after the marriage to get the money he needs for his family. But with two ladies he has bad luck.
: Nominated for Oscar: Best Original Screenplay
: National Board of Review: Best Film
- Ratings by Movie Soulmates
so you can access movie recommendations tailored to your personal movie tastes.
- Ratings by Friends
so you can check out ratings by your friends, family members, and like-minded members of the FA community of users.
Is the synopsis/plot summary missing? Do you want to report an error or omission? Please send us a message
If you are not a registered user please send an email to info -at- filmaffinity -dot- com.
All copyrighted material (movie posters, DVD covers, stills, trailers) and trademarks belong to their respective owners (studio and/or distributor).
For US ratings information please visit: www.mpaa.org www.filmratings.com www.parentalguide.org