- Original title
- Belyy Bim - Chyornoe ukho
- Running Time
- 182 min.
- Soviet Union (USSR)
- Stanislav Rostotsky
- Stanislav Rostotsky (Book: Gavriil Troyepolsky)
- Andrei Petrov
- Vyacheslav Shumsky
- Vyacheslav Tikhonov, Valentina Vladimirova, Mikhail Dadyko, Ivan Ryzhov, Irina Shevchuk, Mikhail Zimin, Gennadi Kochkozharov, Rimma Manukovskaya, Mariya Skvortsova
- Production Co.
- Gorky Film Studios
Drama | Animals. Dogs/Wolves
- Synopsis / Plot
- A touching story about a white setter with black ear, who became homeless because of his master's illness. His master, Ivan Ivanovich (Vyacheslav Tikhonov), a man far from being young, fond of hunting and nature, took a puppy to live with him, despite the dog's black ear being a "shame of nature" to his breed.
The man always took his dog, whom he called Bim or Bimka, to hunting in country. Later, however Ivan Ivanovich began to have problems with heart and when the disease became worse was taken to a hospital. His dog couldn't bear waiting for the only person that ever cared for him and set out to find his master. Thus began the story of a homeless dog and his many breathtaking and exciting adventures, encounters of many people, kind and evil, and leads to an unexpected and heart-rending end.
: Nominated for Oscar: Best Foreign Language Picture
- Ratings by Movie Soulmates
so you can access movie recommendations tailored to your personal movie tastes.
- Ratings by Friends
so you can check out ratings by your friends, family members, and like-minded members of the FA community of users.
Is the synopsis/plot summary missing? Do you want to report an error or omission? Please send us a message
If you are not a registered user please send an email to info -at- filmaffinity -dot- com.
All copyrighted material (movie posters, DVD covers, stills, trailers) and trademarks belong to their respective owners (studio and/or distributor).
For US ratings information please visit: www.mpaa.org