- Original title
- Running Time
- 131 min.
- United States
- Guillermo del Toro
- Travis Beacham, Guillermo del Toro (Story: Travis Beacham)
- Ramin Djawadi
- Guillermo Navarro
- Charlie Hunnam, Idris Elba, Rinko Kikuchi, Charlie Day, Diego Klattenhoff, Burn Gorman, Max Martini, Robert Kazinsky, Clifton Collins Jr., Ron Perlman, Brad William Henke, Larry Joe Campbell, Mana Ashida, Santiago Segura, Joe Pingue
- Production Co.
- Warner Bros. Pictures / Legendary Pictures
Sci-Fi. Action | Robots. Monsters. Aliens
- Official Site
- Synopsis / Plot
- When great numbers of monsters, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea, a war began that would take millions of lives and consume humanity's resources for years on end. To combat the giant Kaiju, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, that are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. But even the Jaegers are proving nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless Kaiju. On the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroes—a washed up former pilot (Charlie Hunnam) and a new, untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi). Together, they are mankind's last hope against the mounting apocalypse.
: BAFTA Awards: Nominated for Best Visual Effects
: Annie Awards: Best Animated Effects in a Live Action Production
- Critics Reviews
- Ratings by Movie Soulmates
so you can access movie recommendations tailored to your personal movie tastes.
- Ratings by Friends
so you can check out ratings by your friends, family members, and like-minded members of the FA community of users.
- Ranking Lists Position
Is the synopsis/plot summary missing? Do you want to report an error or omission? Please send us a message
If you are not a registered user please send an email to info -at- filmaffinity -dot- com.
All copyrighted material (movie posters, DVD covers, stills, trailers) and trademarks belong to their respective owners (studio and/or distributor).
For US ratings information please visit: www.mpaa.org www.filmratings.com www.parentalguide.org