The Joy of Knowledge
- Original title
Le gai savoir (The Joy of Knowledge)
- Running Time
- 95 min.
- Jean-Luc Godard
- Jean-Luc Godard, Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- Georges Leclerc
- Juliet Berto, Jean-Pierre Léaud
- Production Co.
- Anouchka Films / Bavaria Atelier
- Synopsis / Plot
- Two young militants meet in a deserted television studio and start to discuss radical ideas about film-making. They are Émile, the great-great-grandson Jean-Jacques Rousseau, and Patricia, a child of the Cultural Revolution. They agree that if cinema is to survive it must reinvent itself, it must go back to its very beginning and start all over again, using image and sound in a radically different way.
: Berlin Film Festival: Official Selection
- Ratings by Movie Soulmates
so you can access movie recommendations tailored to your personal movie tastes.
- Ratings by Friends
so you can check out ratings by your friends, family members, and like-minded members of the FA community of users.
Is the synopsis/plot summary missing? Do you want to report an error or omission? Please send us a message
If you are not a registered user please send an email to info -at- filmaffinity -dot- com.
All copyrighted material (movie posters, DVD covers, stills, trailers) and trademarks belong to their respective owners (studio and/or distributor).
For US ratings information please visit: www.mpaa.org www.filmratings.com www.parentalguide.org