- Original title
- Mes séances de lutte (Love Battles)
- Running Time
- 103 min.
- Jacques Doillon
- Jacques Doillon
- Laurent Chalet, Laurent Fenart
- Sara Forestier, James Thiérrée, Louise Szpindel, Mahault Mollaret, Bill Leyshon
- Production Co.
- Doillon et compagnie
- Synopsis / Plot
- A bucolic summer landscape. A nameless couple meet. The woman has returned to her village following the death of her father, who never loved her. Here she meets a man – a sort of Pan – who spends his days farming and writing. Every encounter culminates in the need for them to confront each other physically. The woman’s arguments with her siblings about the distribution of their father’s estate unearth deep-seated conflicts and old wounds which begin to take on absurd dimensions. The man and woman embark on a playful exploration - each making use of their own weapons - which becomes increasingly sophisticated as it develops. Improvised at first, it soon develops into a codified ritual, a high-stakes game of increasing physical and psychological surrender and self-revelation. An astonishing pas de deux of erotically charged, dynamic encounters and repulsions...
- Ratings by Movie Soulmates
so you can access movie recommendations tailored to your personal movie tastes.
- Ratings by Friends
so you can check out ratings by your friends, family members, and like-minded members of the FA community of users.
Is the synopsis/plot summary missing? Do you want to report an error or omission? Please send us a message
If you are not a registered user please send an email to info -at- filmaffinity -dot- com.
All copyrighted material (movie posters, DVD covers, stills, trailers) and trademarks belong to their respective owners (studio and/or distributor).
For US ratings information please visit: www.mpaa.org www.filmratings.com www.parentalguide.org