- Original title
- A los que aman
- Running Time
- 94 min.
- Isabel Coixet
- Isabel Coixet, Joan Potau
- Alfonso Villalonga
- Paco Femenía
- Julio Núñez, Patxi Freytez, Olalla Moreno, Monica Bellucci, Christopher Thompson, Albert Plà, Amanda García, Gary Piquer, Juan Manuel Chapella
- Production Co.
- Co-production Spain-France; Sociedad General de Cine / Sogepaq / Le Studio Canal +
Drama. Romance | The 18th Century. Romantic drama. Costume Drama. Fencing
- Synopsis / Plot
- The story centers on the reminiscences of The Teacher (Julio Nuñez), a 68-year-old man who shows up at the home of young Martin (Gary Piquer) and his ailing wife, with whose sister The Teacher was once romantically involved. The Teacher fell in love with Matilde (Olalla Moreno) sixty years ago when his father, a doctor, took him along on a housecall when she was ill. He meets Matilde again twenty years in the future and finds that though she has married Leon (Christopher Thompson) a French messenger, she still possesses a bewitching childlike innocence. Matilde does not realize that her spouse has fallen into a passionate relationship with the local fencing instructor's seductive daughter Valeria. After another long absence, The Teacher returns to the village. This time Matilde has heard about the ongoing affair. Miserable and eager to learn the truth, she begs The Teacher to take her to the fencing school where Leon and Valeria tryst so she can see for herself.
- Ratings by Movie Soulmates
so you can access movie recommendations tailored to your personal movie tastes.
- Ratings by Friends
so you can check out ratings by your friends, family members, and like-minded members of the FA community of users.
Is the synopsis/plot summary missing? Do you want to report an error or omission? Please send us a message
If you are not a registered user please send an email to info -at- filmaffinity -dot- com.
All copyrighted material (movie posters, DVD covers, stills, trailers) and trademarks belong to their respective owners (studio and/or distributor).
For US ratings information please visit: www.mpaa.org www.filmratings.com www.parentalguide.org