- Original title
- How the West Was Won
- Running Time
- 155 min.
- United States
- Henry Hathaway, George Marshall, John Ford, Richard Thorpe
- James R. Webb
- Alfred Newman
- Milton Krasner, William Daniels, Charles Lang Jr., Joseph La Shelle
- John Wayne, Henry Fonda, Gregory Peck, James Stewart, Richard Widmark, Carroll Baker, George Peppard, Russ Tamblyn, Eli Wallach, Robert Preston, Karl Malden, Walter Brennan, Raymond Massey, Debbie Reynolds, Agnes Moorehead
- Production Co.
- Warner Bros.
- Synopsis / Plot
- The fifty years of American westward expansion between the 1830s and 1880s are viewed through the experiences of the Prescott and Rawlings families, as they migrate by the Erie Canal, continue over the prairies from St. Louis during the California gold rush, suffer through the Civil War, and finally help build the railroads on the plains and bring law and justice to the frontier. Along the way they meet mountain men, journey by wagon train, deal with Native Americans, and face outlaws in the southwest.
: 3 Oscar: Best Original Screenplay, Editing, Sound. 8 Nominations
- Ratings by Movie Soulmates
so you can access movie recommendations tailored to your personal movie tastes.
- Ratings by Friends
so you can check out ratings by your friends, family members, and like-minded members of the FA community of users.
- Ranking Lists Position
Is the synopsis/plot summary missing? Do you want to report an error or omission? Please send us a message
If you are not a registered user please send an email to info -at- filmaffinity -dot- com.
All copyrighted material (movie posters, DVD covers, stills, trailers) and trademarks belong to their respective owners (studio and/or distributor).
For US ratings information please visit: www.mpaa.org