The Sorrow of Mrs. Schneider
- Original title
Smutek paní Snajdrové (The Sorrow of Mrs. Schneider) aka
- The Sadness of Mrs. Snajdrova
- Running Time
- 104 min.
- Piro Milkani, Radek Sofr
- Milan Kymlicka
- Miro Gábor
- Anna Geislerová, Nik Xhelilaj, Barbora Stepánová, Tomás Töpfer
- Production Co.
- Co-production Albania-Czech Republic-Greece; Studio Fáma 92
Drama. Romance | The 60s
- Synopsis / Plot
- 1961, a group of students from the Film Faculty of Academy of Performing Arts shoot their graduate film about a motorcycle factory. Another one is a personal drama of an Albanian student Leke, who comes from a country completely isolated from the rest of Europe. He is torn between a feeling of solidarity with his country and with his family, especially his mother, and between his enchantment with the lifestyle, erotic exuberance and lightheartedness of the Czech "golden youth." The protagonist's passionate love for a woman in mature years, the wife of a police superintendent (Anna Geislerová), forms another principal level of the story.
- Ratings by Movie Soulmates
so you can access movie recommendations tailored to your personal movie tastes.
- Ratings by Friends
so you can check out ratings by your friends, family members, and like-minded members of the FA community of users.
Is the synopsis/plot summary missing? Do you want to report an error or omission? Please send us a message
If you are not a registered user please send an email to info -at- filmaffinity -dot- com.
All copyrighted material (movie posters, DVD covers, stills, trailers) and trademarks belong to their respective owners (studio and/or distributor).
For US ratings information please visit: www.mpaa.org www.filmratings.com www.parentalguide.org