- Original title
- Baat sin faan dim ji yan yuk cha siu baau (The Eight Immortals Restaurant: The Untold Story) (AKA Human Pork Chop)
- Running Time
- 96 min.
- Hong Kong
- Herman Yau, Danny Lee
- Law Kam Fai
- Anthony Wong Chau-Sang, Danny Lee, Emily Kwan, Shing Fui On, Julia Lee, Tony Leung Siu Hung
- Production Co.
- Cinema City Film Productions
Thriller. Drama. Horror | Gore. Black comedy. Based on a true story. Crime. Serial Killers
- Synopsis / Plot
- In 1978 in Hong Kong, a grisly murder takes place. Eight years later, on a Macao beach, kids discover the severed hands of a fresh victim. A squadron of coarse, happy-go-lucky cops investigate, and suspicion falls on Wong Chi Hang, the new owner of Eight Immortals Restaurant, which serves delicious pork bao. The hands belong to the missing mother of the restaurant's former owner; he and his family have disappeared; staff at the restaurant continue to go missing; and, Wong can't produce a signed bill of sale: but there's no evidence. The police arrest Wong and try to torture him into a confession. Can they make him talk? And what was in those pork bao?
1994: Academia of Cinema of Hong Kong: Best Actor (Anthony Wong Chau-Sang)
- Ratings by Movie Soulmates
so you can access movie recommendations tailored to your personal movie tastes.
- Ratings by Friends
so you can check out ratings by your friends, family members, and like-minded members of the FA community of users.
Is the synopsis/plot summary missing? Do you want to report an error or omission? Please send us a message
If you are not a registered user please send an email to info -at- filmaffinity -dot- com.
All copyrighted material (movie posters, DVD covers, stills, trailers) and trademarks belong to their respective owners (studio and/or distributor).
For US ratings information please visit: www.mpaa.org www.filmratings.com www.parentalguide.org