- Original title
- Running Time
- 101 min.
- Eric Besnard, Mathieu Kassovitz, Joseph Simas (Novel: Maurice G. Dantec)
- Atli Örvarsson
- Thierry Arbogast
- Vin Diesel, Michelle Yeoh, Mélanie Thierry, Charlotte Rampling, Lambert Wilson, Gérard Depardieu, Mark Strong, Jérôme Le Banner, Chris Petoyan (AKA Chris Astoyan), Radek Bruna, Abraham Belaga
- Production Co.
- Co-production France-UK-USA; 20th Century-Fox / Canal+ / Légende Films / MNP Entreprise / Okko Productions
Sci-Fi. Action. Thriller | Dystopian film
- Official Site
- Synopsis / Plot
- It is the not-too-distant future, a hardened mercenary known only as Toorop lives by a simple survivor's code: kill...or be killed. His latest assignment has him smuggling a young woman named Aurora from a convent in Kazakhstan to New York City. Toorop, his new young charge Aurora and Aurora's guardian Sister Rebeka embark on a 6,000 mile journey. Facing obstacles at every turn, Toorop, the killer for hire, is tested like never before, in ways he could never have imagined - as he comes to understand that he is the custodian of the only hope for the future of mankind. For the first time in his life, Toorop has to make a choice: to make a difference or walk away and save himself. Too bad it came on the day he died.
- Critics Reviews
"The movie is fascinating in its portrait of the inner politics and structure of the terrorist group, and comes uncomfortably close to reality. (...) the film's pure thriller elements work so well. (...) Rating: ★★★ (out of four)."
Roger Ebert: Chicago Sun-Times
"This is not a terrible movie, but it's too familiar by half and too confusing by a third."
Michael Ordona: Los Angeles Times
"A noisier, costlier version of 'Children of Men', yet lacking that film's social-political significance and jaw-dropping direction."
Jordan Mintzer: Variety
"This odd, solemn disaster has made itself spoiler-proof by refusing to make any sense at all. (...) while it has some nice futuristic design touches, combines badly executed action sequences with mystic mumbo-jumbo that I suspect not even a two-disc director’s cut DVD could make comprehensible"
A. O. Scott: The New York Times
- Ratings by Movie Soulmates
so you can access movie recommendations tailored to your personal movie tastes.
- Ratings by Friends
so you can check out ratings by your friends, family members, and like-minded members of the FA community of users.
Is the synopsis/plot summary missing? Do you want to report an error or omission? Please send us a message
If you are not a registered user please send an email to info -at- filmaffinity -dot- com.
All copyrighted material (movie posters, DVD covers, stills, trailers) and trademarks belong to their respective owners (studio and/or distributor).
For US ratings information please visit: www.mpaa.org www.filmratings.com www.parentalguide.org