- Original title
- Running Time
- 95 min.
- United States
- Edmund H. North, D.D. Beauchamp (Story: Felix Jackson)
- Henry Mancini, Frank Skinner, Herman Stein
- George Robinson
Alan Hale Jr.,
- Universal International Pictures (UI)
Western | Remake
- Synopsis / Plot
- In the old West, a small frontier town is being controlled by ruthless mob boss Decker and his cronies. After the local sheriff dies under mysterious circumstances, Decker arranges to have the town drunk appointed sheriff, thinking he will be ineffectual. But the new sheriff sends for Tom Destry, son of a famous two-fisted lawman, to be his deputy. When Tom arrives, he isn't exactly the swaggering he-man the sheriff had in mind. In fact, Destry doesn't even carry a gun. But the new deputy's mild exterior masks a fierce determination to see justice done, as Decker and the other locals soon discover.
- Ratings by Movie Soulmates
so you can access movie recommendations tailored to your movie taste.
- Ratings by Friends
so you can check out ratings by your friends, family members, and like-minded members of the FA community of users.
Is the synopsis/plot summary missing? Do you want to report an error or omission? Please send us a message
If you are not a registered user please send an email to info -at- filmaffinity -dot- com.
All copyrighted material (movie posters, DVD covers, stills, trailers) and trademarks belong to their respective owners (studio and/or distributor).
For US ratings information please visit: www.mpaa.org www.filmratings.com www.parentalguide.org