- Original title
- Running Time
- 78 min.
- Shira Geffen, Etgar Keret
- Shira Geffen
- Christopher Bowen
- Antoine Héberlé
- Sarah Adler, Nikol Leidman, Gera Sandler, Noa Knoller, Ma-Nenita de Latorre, Zharira Charifai
- Production Co.
- Co-production Israel-France; Lama Productions / Les Films du Poisson
- Synopsis / Plot
- At her wedding reception, Keren breaks a leg, unwillingly forcing her to cancel her honeymoon in the Caribbean. A strange little girl comes out of the sea and follows Batya like a shadow; the woman’s life is transformed when she takes the little girl under her wing. Joy is a maid from the Philippines working for a tough old woman; unwittingly, she helps the woman reconcile with her estranged daughter. A composite film made from scraps of humanity, like so many messages in a bottle verging on the absurd. A portrait of a messy world in which everyone scrapes by as best they can, looking for love and something to remember or to forget. Such is life in Tel-Aviv... Winner of the Caméra d’or at Cannes Festival, this film has fifteen nominations for the Israeli Film Academy Awards.
: Cannes: Camera d'Or (Best First Work)
- Ratings by Movie Soulmates
so you can access movie recommendations tailored to your personal movie tastes.
- Ratings by Friends
so you can check out ratings by your friends, family members, and like-minded members of the FA community of users.
Is the synopsis/plot summary missing? Do you want to report an error or omission? Please send us a message
If you are not a registered user please send an email to info -at- filmaffinity -dot- com.
All copyrighted material (movie posters, DVD covers, stills, trailers) and trademarks belong to their respective owners (studio and/or distributor).
For US ratings information please visit: www.mpaa.org www.filmratings.com www.parentalguide.org