- Original title
- The Trials of Cate McCall
- Running Time
- 93 min.
- United States
- Karen Moncrieff
- Karen Moncrieff
- Peter Nashel
- Antonio Calvache
- Kate Beckinsale, Nick Nolte, Anna Anissimova, James Cromwell, Taye Diggs, Clancy Brown, Mark Pellegrino, David Lyons, Dale Dickey, Isaiah Washington
- Production Co.
- Sunrise Films / Pitbull Pictures
Drama | Courtroom Drama. Independent Film (USA)
- Synopsis / Plot
- In order to be reinstated to the bar and recover custody of her daughter, a hotshot lawyer, now in recovery and on probation, must take on the appeal of a woman wrongfully convicted of murder. The disgraced lawyer uncovers a sinister police conspiracy while handling the appeal of a convicted murderess. Cate McCall (Kate Beckinsale) used to be a hot shot lawyer. These days she's lucky she's not in jail. Now, newly sober, McCall must prove a convicted killer innocent on appeal in order to get reinstated in the bar and win back custody of her daughter. Just when it starts to look like she's gathered enough evidence to make a solid case and win back her career, however, McCall uncovers shocking evidence of corruption within the police department, and realizes she is in mortal danger.
- Ratings by Movie Soulmates
so you can access movie recommendations tailored to your personal movie tastes.
- Ratings by Friends
so you can check out ratings by your friends, family members, and like-minded members of the FA community of users.
Is the synopsis/plot summary missing? Do you want to report an error or omission? Please send us a message
If you are not a registered user please send an email to info -at- filmaffinity -dot- com.
All copyrighted material (movie posters, DVD covers, stills, trailers) and trademarks belong to their respective owners (studio and/or distributor).
For US ratings information please visit: www.mpaa.org www.filmratings.com www.parentalguide.org