- Original title
- Running Time
- 180 min.
- Akira Kurosawa, Hideo Oguni, Ryuzo Kikushima, Masato Ide (Novel: Shugoro Yamamoto)
- Masaru Sato
- Asakazu Nakai & Takao Saitô (B&W)
- Toshirô Mifune, Yuzo Kayama, Yoshio Tsuchiya, Tatsuyoshi Ehara, Reiko Dan, Kyôko Kagawa, Kamatari Fujiwara, Akemi Negishi, Tsutomu Yamazaki
- Production Co.
Drama | Medical. The 19th Century
- Synopsis / Plot
- In the Nineteenth Century, in Japan, the arrogant and proud just-graduated Dr. Noboru Yasumoto (Yuzo Kayama) is forced to work in the Koshikawa Clinic, a non-profit health facility ruled by Dr. Kyojio Niide (Toshirô Mifune), a.k.a. "Red Beard". "Red Beard" is a good, sentimental, but also very firm, strong and fair man. While in the clinic, Dr. Yasumoto becomes responsible for healing the hurt teenager Otoyo (Terumi Niki), and he learns a lesson of humanity, becoming a better man.
: Valladolid: Golden Spike
- Critics Reviews
- Ratings by Movie Soulmates
so you can access movie recommendations tailored to your personal movie tastes.
- Ratings by Friends
so you can check out ratings by your friends, family members, and like-minded members of the FA community of users.
- Ranking Lists Position
Is the synopsis/plot summary missing? Do you want to report an error or omission? Please send us a message
If you are not a registered user please send an email to info -at- filmaffinity -dot- com.
All copyrighted material (movie posters, DVD covers, stills, trailers) and trademarks belong to their respective owners (studio and/or distributor).
For US ratings information please visit: www.mpaa.org www.filmratings.com www.parentalguide.org