- Original title
- Married Life (AKA Marriage)
- Running Time
- 90 min.
- United States
- Ira Sachs
- Ira Sachs, Oren Moverman (Novel: John Bingham)
- Dickon Hinchliffe
- Peter Deming
- Pierce Brosnan, Patricia Clarkson, Rachel McAdams, Chris Cooper, Rebecca Codling, Pauline Crawford, David Richmond-Peck, David Wenham
- Production Co.
- Sony Pictures Classics
Drama. Romance | Crime. The 40s
- Official Site
- Synopsis / Plot
- A wry blend of dark humor, romantic deception, and stylish melodrama—with an invigorating dash of suspense—Married Life is an unconventional fable for grown-ups about the irresistible power and utter madness of love. After decades of marital contentment, Harry (Chris Cooper) concludes that he must kill his wife Pat (Patricia Clarkson) because he loves her too much to let her suffer when he leaves her. Harry has fallen hard for the young and lovely Kay (Rachel McAdams), but his best friend Richard (Pierce Brosnan) wants to win Kay for himself. As Harry implements his maladroit plans for murdering his wife, the other characters are entangled with their own deceptions. Like Harry, they race towards their passions but trip over their scruples, seemingly well-intended towards all, but truthful to none. Married Life is an uncommonly adult film that surprises and confounds expectations. While it plays with mystery, comedy, and intrigue, its ultimate concern is: “What is married life?” In its sly way, Married Life poses perceptive questions about the seasonal discontents and unforeseen joys of all long-term relationships.
US release date: in Theatres: March 7th, 2008.
- Ratings by Movie Soulmates
so you can access movie recommendations tailored to your personal movie tastes.
- Ratings by Friends
so you can check out ratings by your friends, family members, and like-minded members of the FA community of users.
Is the synopsis/plot summary missing? Do you want to report an error or omission? Please send us a message
If you are not a registered user please send an email to info -at- filmaffinity -dot- com.
All copyrighted material (movie posters, DVD covers, stills, trailers) and trademarks belong to their respective owners (studio and/or distributor).
For US ratings information please visit: www.mpaa.org www.filmratings.com www.parentalguide.org