- Original title
- Bride Wars
- Running Time
- 90 min.
- United States
- Gary Winick
- Greg DePaul, Casey Wilson, June Diane Raphael
- Edward Shearmur (AKA Ed Shearmur)
- Frederick Elmes
- Kate Hudson, Anne Hathaway, Bryan Greenberg, Candice Bergen, Kristen Johnston
- Production Co.
- 20th Century Fox
Romance. Comedy | Romantic comedy. Friendship. Weddings
- Synopsis / Plot
- Liv (Kate Hudson) and Emma (Anne Hathaway), best friends since childhood, are always there for each other, through good times and bad. Even their respective bridal engagements happen within hours. Together they plan their weddings, each to take place at New York’s ultimate bridal destination, the Plaza Hotel. But a clerical error and subsequent clash in wedding dates pits the two brides against each other in a competition that quickly escalates into all-out war.
: Nominated for Razzie Awards: Worst Supporting Actress (Candice Bergen)
- Critics Reviews
"Bride Wars is pretty thin soup. The characters have no depth or personality, no quirks or complications, no conversation. The story twist is so obvious. (...) Rating: ★★ (out of four)."
Roger Ebert: Chicago Sun-Times
"A dopey if largely painless romantic comedy (...) as inconsequential as almost every other Kate Hudson movie of the last decade. Happily it’s also something of an Anne Hathaway movie, which means that there’s a little acting in it"
Manohla Dargis: The New York Times
- Ratings by Movie Soulmates
so you can access movie recommendations tailored to your personal movie tastes.
- Ratings by Friends
so you can check out ratings by your friends, family members, and like-minded members of the FA community of users.
Is the synopsis/plot summary missing? Do you want to report an error or omission? Please send us a message
If you are not a registered user please send an email to info -at- filmaffinity -dot- com.
All copyrighted material (movie posters, DVD covers, stills, trailers) and trademarks belong to their respective owners (studio and/or distributor).
For US ratings information please visit: www.mpaa.org www.filmratings.com www.parentalguide.org