- Original title
- Running Time
- 155 min.
- United States
- Isobel Leonnart
- Jule Styne, Bob Merrill (Songs: Jule Styne, Bob Merrill)
- Harry Stradling
- Barbra Streisand, Omar Sharif, Kay Medford, Anne Francis, Walter Pidgeon, Gerald Mohr, Lee Allen
- Production Co.
- Columbia Pictures / Rastar Productions
Musical. Drama. Romance | Biography. Stage Play
- Synopsis / Plot
- In FUNNY GIRL, the highly fictionalized musical biopic, Barbara Streisand makes her film debut in a reprisal of her Broadway role as Ziegfeld star Fanny Brice. Brice, a poor Jewish girl from New York's Lower East Side, rose to fame and won audience's hearts everywhere with her comic antics and powerful singing. Unfortunately, she had far less success in her personal life, and the film focuses on her doomed romance with her first husband, gambler Nicky Arnstein.
: Oscar: Best Actress (Ex-aequo: Barbra Streisand). 8 Nominations
: Golden Globes: Best Actress- Musical/Comedy (Streisand). 4 Nominations
: David di Donatello Awards: Best Foreign Actress (Barbra Streisand)
: BAFTA: 3 Nominations including to Best Actress (Streisand)
- Ratings by Movie Soulmates
so you can access movie recommendations tailored to your personal movie tastes.
- Ratings by Friends
so you can check out ratings by your friends, family members, and like-minded members of the FA community of users.
- Ranking Lists Position
Is the synopsis/plot summary missing? Do you want to report an error or omission? Please send us a message
If you are not a registered user please send an email to info -at- filmaffinity -dot- com.
All copyrighted material (movie posters, DVD covers, stills, trailers) and trademarks belong to their respective owners (studio and/or distributor).
For US ratings information please visit: www.mpaa.org www.filmratings.com www.parentalguide.org