- Original title
- Running Time
- 113 min.
- United States
- Will Beall (Book: Paul Lieberman)
- Steve Jablonsky
- Dion Beebe
- Josh Brolin, Sean Penn, Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone, Robert Patrick, Michael Peña, Giovanni Ribisi, Anthony Mackie, Nick Nolte, Mireille Enos, Holt McCallany, Wade Williams, James Landry Hébert, Ambyr Childers, Jeff Wolfe, Jack McGee
- Production Co.
- Langley Park Productions / Lin Pictures
Film-Noir | Neo-noir. Police. The 40s. The 50s. Mafia
- Synopsis / Plot
- Los Angeles, 1949. Ruthless, Brooklyn-born mob king Mickey Cohen (Sean Penn) runs the show in this town, reaping the ill-gotten gains from the drugs, the guns, the prostitutes and--if he has his way--every wire bet placed west of Chicago. And he does it all with the protection of not only his own paid goons, but also the police and the politicians who are under his control. It's enough to intimidate even the bravest, street-hardened cop...except, perhaps, for the small, secret crew of LAPD outsiders led by Sgt. John O'Mara (Josh Brolin) and Jerry Wooters (Ryan Gosling), who come together to try to tear Cohen's world apart. "Gangster Squad" is a colorful retelling of events surrounding the LAPD's efforts to take back their nascent city from one of the most dangerous mafia bosses of all time.
- Critics Reviews
- Ratings by Movie Soulmates
so you can access movie recommendations tailored to your personal movie tastes.
- Ratings by Friends
so you can check out ratings by your friends, family members, and like-minded members of the FA community of users.
- Ranking Lists Position
Is the synopsis/plot summary missing? Do you want to report an error or omission? Please send us a message
If you are not a registered user please send an email to info -at- filmaffinity -dot- com.
All copyrighted material (movie posters, DVD covers, stills, trailers) and trademarks belong to their respective owners (studio and/or distributor).
For US ratings information please visit: www.mpaa.org www.filmratings.com www.parentalguide.org