- Original title
- Chi bi: Xia - Jue zhan tian xia (John Woo's Red Cliff: Part II)
- Running Time
- 142 min.
- John Woo
- John Woo, Khan Chan, Cheng Kuo, Heyu Sheng (Novels: Guanzhong Luo)
- TarĂ´ Iwashiro
- Yue Lu
- Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Takeshi Kaneshiro, Chang Chen, Shido Nakamura, Lin Chi-ling
- Production Co.
- Avex Entertainment
War. Action. Drama | Historical. Sequel. Epic film
- Synopsis / Plot
- In 208 A.D., in the final days of the Han Dynasty, shrewd PRIME MINISTER CAO CAO convinced the fickle EMPEROR HAN the only way to unite all of China was to declare war on the kingdoms of Xu in the west and East Wu in the south. Thus began a military campaign of unprecedented scale, led by the Prime Minister, himself. Left with no other hope for survival, the kingdoms of Xu and East Wu formed an unlikely alliance. Numerous battles of strength and wit ensued, both on land and on water, eventually culminating in the battle of Red Cliff. During the battle, two thousand ships were burned, and the course of Chinese history was changed forever.
- Ratings by Movie Soulmates
so you can access movie recommendations tailored to your personal movie tastes.
- Ratings by Friends
so you can check out ratings by your friends, family members, and like-minded members of the FA community of users.
Is the synopsis/plot summary missing? Do you want to report an error or omission? Please send us a message
If you are not a registered user please send an email to info -at- filmaffinity -dot- com.
All copyrighted material (movie posters, DVD covers, stills, trailers) and trademarks belong to their respective owners (studio and/or distributor).
For US ratings information please visit: www.mpaa.org