- Original title
- Fucking Åmål (Fucking Amal)
- Running Time
- 89 min.
- Lukas Moodysson
- Lukas Moodysson
- Ulf Brantas
- Alexandra Dahlström, Rebecka Liljeberg (AKA Rebecca Liljeberg), Erica Carlson, Mathias Rust, Stefan Hörberg, Josefin Nyberg, Ralph Carlsson, Maria Hedborg
- Production Co.
- Co-production Sweden-Denmark; Memfis Films / Zentropa Productions / Film I Väst / SVT Drama Göteborg
Drama. Romance | Teen/coming-of-age. Gay & Lesbian. Small Town Life (Non-North American). Cult movie
- Synopsis / Plot
- Åmål is a small insignificant town where nothing ever happens, where the latest trends are out of date when they get there. Young Elin has a bit of a bad reputation when it comes to guys, but the fact is that she has never done *it*. Another girl in her school, Agnes, is in love with her but is too shy to do anything about it. For different reasons, Elin ends up at Agnes' birthday party as the only guest. They have a girl's night out together but after that Elin desperately avoids Agnes, refusing to even consider her own homosexuality.
: Guldbagge Awards (Sweden): Best Film, Direction, Actress (A. Dahlström, R. Liljeberg), Screenplay
1999: Cinema Jove: Moon of Valencia (Best film) (Ex-aequo)
- Critics Reviews
- Ratings by Movie Soulmates
so you can access movie recommendations tailored to your personal movie tastes.
- Ratings by Friends
so you can check out ratings by your friends, family members, and like-minded members of the FA community of users.
- Ranking Lists Position
Is the synopsis/plot summary missing? Do you want to report an error or omission? Please send us a message
If you are not a registered user please send an email to info -at- filmaffinity -dot- com.
All copyrighted material (movie posters, DVD covers, stills, trailers) and trademarks belong to their respective owners (studio and/or distributor).
For US ratings information please visit: www.mpaa.org www.filmratings.com www.parentalguide.org